At our bread drops, sometimes we get a lot of hot dog buns. This week in particular, I filled up my entire Dodge Grand Caravan with Hot Dog Buns (I wish I had taken a picture). Many folks may overlook hot dog buns as a choice to pick up from the bread drop sites because well, they look like an item that should be used for one thing… hot dogs. Maybe you don’t like hot dogs, maybe you’re a vegetarian, maybe it doesn’t look like quality bread, maybe even if you like hot dogs, you’ll never eat that many. What should you do?
As gleaners, of course we don’t want anything to go to waste! That would just not be the gleaner way; so I’ve collected a bunch of resources for you to look through so you may say, “Hey! I could totally use some hot dog buns!”
1. GOOD OL’ HOT DOGS (OR VEGGIE DOGS):
Yes, good ol’ hot dogs, but do you know that there are tons of different types of toppings and ways you can fix hot dogs? Yes!!
2. BREAKFAST (click each option for recipes)
3. Lunch and Dinner (click each option for recipes)
4. Dessert (click on each option for recipe)
5. Other Awesome Things (click on each option for more)